Although heat pumps are designed to be durable and long-lasting, they still run into the occasional problem. Heat pump repair that’s fast and long-lasting is important for keeping your heat pump in the best possible shape. After all, a heat pump that isn’t working properly can waste a lot of energy and cost you money on your energy bills.
The comfort experts at Ditter Cooling, Heating & Electrical have been supporting your HVAC system since 1946 because we’re not comfortable until you are. So if you’re having trouble with your heat pump, give our professional technicians a call at 763-200-5055 to schedule an appointment.
Request an appointment
4 Signs You Could Use Heat Pump Repair
When something isn’t working right, your heat pump will often display signs or symptoms relating to the problem, helping your technician identify the source. These are just a few signs you need heat pump repair:
- Unusual noises. One of the most common signs that you need heat pump repair is if it starts making strange noises. If you notice your heat pump is making any noise that it hasn’t made before, such as banging, grinding or squealing, then it’s time to call for heat pump repair.
- Insufficient heating or cooling. If your heat pump isn’t providing enough heating or cooling or frequently freezing up, there could be a problem with the compressor or the air handler. These are both vital parts of the heat pump, and if they’re not working properly, then your heat pump won’t work properly either.
- Short cycling. This annoying problem shuts the heat pump off and restarts the cycle before the desired temperature is reached. It could be a problem with the thermostat or your heat pump’s electrical components.
- Higher energy costs. A sudden spike in your monthly bill often stems from a malfunctioning HVAC system. If your settings stay the same while costs rise, it may be time to contact a professional technician.
Is It Better to Repair or Replace My Heat Pump?
Sometimes, the problem your heat pump is dealing with isn’t worth repairing. Instead, you’ll actually save money in the long run with heat pump installation, and replacing it with a new model. Here are a few tips for deciding to replace your heat pump instead of repairing it:
- Your heat pump is more than 15 years old.
- You find yourself constantly scheduling repair appointments.
- Recent repair bills are approaching half the cost of a new heat pump.
For heat pumps that are still fairly new, repairs are less likely to be severe. This also means they’ll probably cost less, making repair a better option over replacement. You can also expect lower repair costs if you stay on top of routine heat pump maintenance. Ditter Cooling, Heating & Electrical offers an excellent maintenance program to keep your entire HVAC system in excellent shape. In fact, it also includes additional benefits like priority scheduling or a discount on our other services.
Get the Solution You Deserve for Your Heat Pump Repair
The comfort of you and your family has been our number one priority for more than 70 years, because we’re not comfortable until you are. From quick fixes to emergency repair, the pros at Ditter Cooling, Heating & Electrical won’t rest until you’re satisfied with your solution. To schedule an appointment for heat pump repair in Medina, MN, or the surrounding area, give us a call at 763-200-5055 today.